Perfect for days when you want a nice home cooked meal without the hectic dinner prep rush. Better still, items on this ingredient list can be stored in the freezer or your pantry, meaning you can stock-up and have delicious dinner on hand!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 6 hours 30 min.
1 pkg. (26 to 32 oz.) frozen home-style meatballs
1 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (14 oz.) low-sodium beef broth
1 can (10-1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder
½ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. (12 oz.) egg noodles
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Place meatballs in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray; top with mushrooms.
2. Mix broth, soup, Worcestershire sauce and dry seasonings until blended.
3. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker; stir to evenly coat meatballs with broth mixture. Cover with lid. .
4. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
5. Add sour cream; stir. Cook, covered, on LOW 15 min.
6. Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package.
7. Drain noodles; spoon into serving dish. Top with meatball mixture and parsley.
Variation: Prepare recipe using canned cream of chicken soup, and/or substituting 2 drained 6-oz. jars sliced mushrooms for the fresh mushrooms, and/or substituting 1/2 to 1 tsp. paprika for the nutmeg. Or, prepare recipe using 2 pkg. (14 oz. each) frozen meatballs or 1 pkg. (20 oz.) frozen turkey meatballs.